I received my PhD in Counseling Psychology from the University of Missouri, where I did my dissertation on men and emotion regulation. Most recently, I worked at the University of Missouri Student Health Center. My training includes clinical work in university, community/agency and psychiatric hospital settings as well as providing services for MU's employee assistance program. In addition, I am a co-founder of the Transgender Health Network (www.transgenderhealthnetwork.org) and recently taught a course on men and masculinities at the University of Missouri.
Some of my clinical experience includes:
- Extensive work with men in individual therapy and in men's groups
- Individual work with victims of sexual assault, sexual abuse and domestic violence
- Group work at a community/agency with men mandated for treatment for intimate partner violence
- Individual and couples work with MU faculty, staff and students with a wide range of concerns
- Extensive work with the LGBTQ community
- Co-Facilitating mood regulation skills groups in hospital and university settings
- Leading weekly meditation
Additional teaching experience includes several years at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn; Lincoln University in Jefferson City) as well as stints at the Universidad Autonoma de Baja California in Mexico and Centro Masterly College for Translators and Interpreters in Italy. I have a working knowledge of Italian and Spanish, but am currently practicing only in English.